Monday, February 13, 2012

Painful Memory

I have a painful memory that haunts me when I sleep
The scars keep bleeding again because they're too deep

The days will drive me crazy with doubt
Because this memory burns in and without

I find when I try to fight back
It knocks me down and off track

But I still try and stand up again
It's not stopping me from believing in

That which helps me to stay on my path
It keeps me focused and helps me laugh

Because whatever comes on this road called life
You can get through it, no matter what the strife

Life's full of ups and downs
Just don't let them beat you into the ground

I don't know how else to tell you
But you're still here, that is true

So be grateful for the existence that you be
Life is a blessing that I hope you'll see...

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a poem with feeling in it! Yeah I'm not going to add one of my 'awesome' continuations and ruin it.... But two thumbs up!


    Gosh I'll have to try and write a poem when I'm done with my book....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was beautiful.
    ~Goalie Girl

    ReplyDelete