Ever on I walked the gloomy streets of the city at night
Always ready with a staff in hand, ready for a fight
Because the streets are dangerous, especially tonight
As I walked on into the dreaded dark, I clutched my staff, sweating in fright
Every time I walked through this dismal place, something happened to renew my fear
But I have something secret that protects me, something that I hold very dear
Something I know no one else in the world possesses
Something that keeps the dark creatures in their recesses
For this thing around my neck keeps me safe
I hold it close, clutching it in its place
And if a thing should dare to attack me
I simply hold it up, and and reveal for them to see
It knocks them back, sends them retreating into the dark
For what I have is a piece of light, an ever burning spark
My captured light, a piece of day
And I know one thing, it is here to stay
i think this one is my favorite! i like it alot! it reminds of me of the Fellowship of the Ring walking throu the Mines of Moria, following Gandalf's bauble light thingy... lol!
ReplyDeleteTwo Thumbs Up! See ya Saturday :)